Sunday, September 12, 2010

Letter to the Editor - Gainesville Sun

Dear Editor,

I have to complain about the recent spate of signs in Gainesville advocating lawless behavior.  I was just in Publix yesterday and a sign at the checkout counter said “Swipe card.”  I told the cashier that I’ve never stolen anything in my life and I’m not about to start now, thank you!

Then I was crossing the street and a sign at the crosswalk said “Yield to Peds.”  Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t we be teaching our children to resist pedophiles?

In the words of Barney Fife, we have to nip this in the bud.  Next thing you know, our government will be waging illegal wars, torturing people, kidnapping them and taking them to secret prisons in third world countries, and spying on our people without warrants!  I know this seems farfetched, but those who say it couldn’t happen here do so at their peril.

James Cerveny
Gainesville

1 comment:

  1. I also got carjacked by a gang called the "Vallay Parkers". Ever heard of them?

    ReplyDelete